ROGER MAYER STONE FUZZ PEDAL
The Roger Mayer stone fuzz is a modern evolution from the fuzz pedals Roger modified for Jimi. New features and advantages have been added for a modern sound with strong roots in the past
- It has a modern, open sound with deep sonic heritage– a trademark of Jimi’s recordings. Stone Fuzz maintains the guitar’s original tone characteristics
- Several new design innovations The STONE FUZZ is not a clone of older designs with their original faults and shortcomings but does utilize the same basic transistor configuration
- NEW STONE PAINT FINISH!!!
- basic transistor configuration
- Very low noise, high gain circuit design: stable and free from radio and other electronic interference
- Volume Boosting Mode made easy with super built -in gain: just dial back the drive control and boost the output control to experience the Deepest and Tightest Low End fuzz you have ever heard! Note the top end still stays sweet. Allows easy amp overdrive!
- EQ has been carefully developed to produce a well-rounded fatness and musical tone- not nasal or fizzy thin !
- Cleans-up superbly well using the guitar’s volume control
- Maintains the guitar’s original tone as the signal decays from wild distortion to original guitar tone
- Controls it’s own operational parameters The circuit senses and uses electronic information directly from the guitar’s pickups and controls
- Can be effectively controlled from the guitar for the player who likes to change tone effortlessly
- Electronic feedforward design sets the Stone Fuzz far apart from older fuzz pedal designs. Used first in the effects chain sets the Stone Fuzz far apart from early fuzz pedal. Very responsive to each individual player’s touch, style and technique. Five minutes playing with the Stone Fuzz will convince anyone this is not just a re-hashed design but genuinely innovative with some new tone colors.
- Durable The unit is packed in Roger Mayer’s very rugged “Rocket FX” space ship case and features 100% Hard Wire Bypass footswitching and an attractive and unusual Stone Paint Finish. Two knobs control this pedal: Output Level, Drive or Gain and is powered by an internal 9 Volt battery with an operational life of over 150 hours reducing frequent changes.